We’re all facing an unprecedented situation right now. As Ronald Regan quoted “There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.” Now more than ever it is essential that we use the tools we have to connect with others. We can remind ourselves that we’re part of a great company, and that our greater purpose is to have the confidence that we will emerge to help make CCI Systems even stronger.
While we may not be able to see each other face-to-face, thanks to the tools we have from the internet we are able to collaborate together, even if it has to be remotely. And there is no better time to engage and inspire each other to become innovators and problem solvers.
As you work remotely, you may be working from your living rooms, bedrooms, or even kitchens. We can remain efficient by incorporating lean tools that can help us remain productive during this time away from the office. One way is to implement 5S in the home. 5S is a five-step organization technique to create and maintain an efficient workspace.
- Sort – KISS…keep it simple. Keep only the things you need in your work area such as your PC/Laptop, monitors, keyboard, and mouse. However, you want to make sure you are at ease and relaxed. Have that daily cup of coffee or even add a plant or warm light to your work area.
- Set in Order – Arrange those items so that you feel comfortable and provide a good workflow.
- Shine – Keep your area clean and organized while still having a sense of comfort.
- Standardize – Be consistent by making sure you prepare yourself each day.
- Sustain – Maintain that workspace throughout this time of change.
Go to this link to have some fun learning more about 5S and its technique. http://leantools.info/5sgame/
As always you can reach out to the CIPA Team with any questions or comments. We are here to help you be more productive and in turn make CCI an even better place to work!
Ann Brasure on behalf of…